Strengthened deaf Network: dignified deaf community with self-identity and rights
To empower the deaf community through advocacy, network development, and capacity building.
- To work for the collection of new signs, development, and training of Nepali Sign Language (NSL) and for the recognition of NSL as the first language of the deaf people.
- Advocacy for the legal provisions of the deaf people at policy level. Advocacy for the implementation of UNCRPD ensuring the rights of deaf people.
- Formation of local deaf associations in 75 districts and their capacity building.
- Advocacy for the deaf-friendly teaching-learning methodologies, environment, and curriculum ensuring the quality education of the deaf children.
- Work for the income generation training, and employment of the deaf people.
- Work for the rights of deaf people of having an interpreter and development of the interpreters.
- Develop Deaf Culture and ensure the social, economic and cultural rights of deaf people.
- To remove the discriminative attitude of the society towards deaf and work for equality.